Behind the Screens: The Board’s Evolving Perceptions of Cyber Risk
Cybersecurity has entered the boardroom
- Increasingly sophisticated, high volumes of attacks are infiltrating organizations due to the modern work surface, while hiring cyber practitioners continues to be a challenge.
- The opportunity for CISOs to protect their organizations has never been better.
- Keep the link between cyber risk and business risk front of mind when speaking to the board.
“I feel the board considers cyber risk to be just another business risk but that has a higher potential impact. The main difficulty, as I see it, is that it’s very hard to quantify cyber risk without a significant breach, and it all turns on a dime once there is one.”
Cybersecurity has entered the boardroom. Cybersecurity leaders have sounded the alarm on elevated cyber risk due to the modern work surface, and thanks to well-publicized cyberattacks that are growing in both volume and sophistication, the C-suite and board have taken notice.
In this ebook, 78 global CISOs share their recommendations on how to communicate cyber risk as business risk to their C-suite peers and the board. Dig deeper into their efforts to articulate risk and what leadership must do to work protected, even as cyberattacks proliferate.
Learn more about:
- Avoiding the trap of a monolithic security provider by implementing layered, best-of-breed cybersecurity tools.
- Securing against age-old threats like phishing with email protection and awareness training for employees.