Thinking about switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving?
While business and email data today is more valuable to companies than ever, it is also under constant threat of regulatory scrutiny, privacy concerns or litigation. That’s why, as you search for ways to get more value from your data while ensuring its security, this may be the right time to consider switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving to a more powerful and integrated solution.
To extract more value from data while protecting it from an evolving regulatory landscape, you need superior solutions that seamlessly integrate archiving and compliance with security technology and business continuity solutions to reduce overall information risk. Cyber resilience is paramount – organizations must be able to rely on their archive to retain, protect, access and supervise business critical data.
As you consider switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving, Mimecast provides an all-in-one platform for archiving, security and continuity that dramatically reduces the risk, cost and complexity of managing information.
Switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving to Mimecast Cloud Archive
Mimecast offers a 100% cloud-based platform that seamlessly integrates all the solutions you need to extract maximum value from data while protecting it from a broad range of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
Now, with seamless migration and expanded service offerings, the barriers of switching from your legacy Proofpoint solution are removed.
For companies switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving, Mimecast provides capabilities that include:
- Enterprise Information Archiving - Mimecast’s email archiving solution provides a single, secure and fully indexed enterprise email archive in the cloud where organizations can consolidate data, simplify email retention and accelerate search and retrieval of information.
- Compliance and supervision. Mimecast helps increase email compliance confidence and audit readiness with the help of immutable archives, robust e-discovery and supervisory features, and compliance-driven chains of custody.
- Advanced e-discovery. Mimecast helps to build defensible e-discovery response plans in-house, helping to save time, minimize resources and eliminate the need for expensive third-party solutions.
- Sync & Recover. Mimecast provides a multi-layered defense against data loss, technical failure, human error and ransomware, with cloud-to-cloud backup that requires no hardware or software to manage.
- Zero-down, frictionless migration. Mimecast Simply Migrate extracts, validates and transports your legacy data with ultimate time and cost efficiencies.
Mimecast’s email archive is seamlessly integrated with other Mimecast solutions for:
- Email security with Targeted Threat Protection - Mimecast provides a comprehensive set of solutions to protect against advanced email-borne threats such as spear-phishing, ransomware, impersonation attacks, malware, malicious URLs and attachments, and internally generated threats.
- Information Protection - Mimecast Content Control and DLP solutions help to prevent inadvertent and malicious leaks. Mimecast Secure Messaging enables users to send sensitive information securely, and Mimecast Large File Send allows users to easily and securely send files that exceed the maximum size of email systems without resorting to unsecure, file-sharing services.
- Mailbox Continuity - Mimecast provides uninterrupted access to live and archived email, even when primary servers are down, enabling users to access email on virtually any device at any time.
- Web Security - Mimecast protects against malicious web activity initiated by users or by malware, blocking users from accessing sites that are determined to be suspicious, malicious or inappropriate.
Awareness Training - Mimecast offers a highly effective series of video-based training modules that help to protect against human error by continuously reinforcing security best practices with users.
Benefits of switching to Mimecast from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving
Mimecast Cloud Archive offers several key benefits for companies switching from Proofpoint Compliance and Archiving.
- Seamless integration with security and continuity solutions - While Proofpoint’s archiving solution is not integrated into its security offering, Mimecast provides a fully integrated platform for email security, archiving, compliance and continuity, enabling administrators to manage all aspects of the platform from a single pane of glass.
- Sync and recover capabilities - Mimecast’s Sync & Recover for Exchange and Office 365 provides a higher level of data protection and enables users to recover their email data quickly, including mailboxes, personal folders, calendar items and contact lists. Data within Mimecast Cloud Archive is stored once for both archiving and recovery, helping to minimize data breach risks and to support GDPR compliance efforts.
- Journal and gateway archiving - Where Proofpoint Archiving and Compliance provides journal archiving only, Mimecast provides journal and gateway archiving, capturing the original email as well as a version of the email with any applied policies.
- No reliance on double blind encryption - Proofpoint’s Double Blind Encryption (DBE) requires a virtual appliance to function as designed, while Mimecast Cloud Archive stores all data in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 certifications that cover every department, and every Mimecast office globally.
Ready To Modernize Your Email Security?
Mimecast’s Bridge Program offers you a no-cost transition period until your existing contract ends.GET YOUR OFFER NOW.