Improve email data resilience with Mimecast data recovery software
Email has become the dominant form of business communication today, and maintaining access to current and historical email is critical to improving competitiveness and minimizing compliance risk. Protecting email data against malicious attack as well as accidental loss or corruption is imperative, but it can be a challenge without the right mail recovery solutions.
Mimecast Sync & Recover for Exchange and Office 365 is a data recovery software solution that simplifies the task of email backup and recovery. As a fully integrated extension of Mimecast Cloud Archive, this cloud-based email data recovery solution ensures users have constant access to email while simplifying the task of retention management and mailbox management for administrators.
A cloud-based data recovery software solution
As a cloud-based, subscription service, Mimecast Sync & Recover can be deployed quickly to solve Exchange and Outlook email recovery challenges. Mimecast's data recovery software provides automated sync up to six times per day, tracking all changes in email data. When data is lost due to disaster, corruption or accidental or malicious deletion, Mimecast enables administrators to quickly recover mailboxes, calendar items, contact lists and personal folders.
Managing Mimecast's data recovery software is easy – administrators can use a central Administrative Console to configure recovery and search options, and to set granular retention management policies of email content and metadata. Retention policies can be defined at the Exchange folder or mailbox level. And Mimecast even automates complex custom rules for user archive retention, administrative retention and expiration.
With Mimecast data recovery software, you can:
- Streamline management of compliance archiving and data resiliency.
- Accelerate recovery of individual items, entire mailboxes and folders.
- Provide fast access to replicated folders and emails across all Mimecast applications.
- Automate management of the size of user mailboxes.
- Get support for complex, global messaging environments and hybrid cloud environments.
Defend against ransomware with Mimecast data recovery software
Mimecast data recovery software provides a highly effective defense against escalating ransomware threats, mitigating the headache and expense of restoring data after an attack. Sync & Recover enables administrators to recover data quickly, with minimal disruption to business operations. After a successful ransomware attack, administrators can use Mimecast's data recovery software to replicate email from an Exchange or Outlook archive, quickly and easily bringing impacted systems back to full production.
Learn more about data recovery software from Mimecast, and about Mimecast solutions for Exchange online archiving.
Data Recovery Software FAQs
What is email data recovery software?
Email data recovery software is a solution that enables email administrators to quickly search backups of email data to find, retrieve and restore email which has been accidentally or maliciously deleted, corrupted or lost due to disaster or hardware failure, or compromised by cyberattacks such as ransomware and malware.
How does email data recovery software work?
Data recovery software is used in conjunction with email backup software that performs regular backups of email data. When email data is lost, deleted, corrupted or blocked by a cyberattack, users or email administrators can use data recovery software to search the backup, find the data and restore the information, enabling users to continue using and accessing the data without impeding productivity.
What are the benefits of email data recovery software?
With robust data recovery software, organizations can:
- Prevent lost data from impacting productivity and business operations.
- Avoid the fines and penalties associated with loss of data that is governed by legal frameworks and regulatory environments.
- Eliminate the cost of developing workarounds to lost data or reconstructing critical information from other data sources.
What is data recovery software vs. archiving software?
Backup and recovery software is a data protection tool. It up enables organizations to make copies of original emails, folders and mailboxes which can be used to recover information when original data is unavailable because of loss, corruption, cyberattack, or accidental or malicious deletion.
Archiving software is a tool for moving original email data from primary email servers to secondary storage. Archiving software helps to keep email data archives well organized, secure and in compliance with a variety of regulatory frameworks. Email archives can also help to improve the performance of primary email servers by reducing the amount of data they must manage. Archiving software can also help reduce the cost of backups by minimizing the number of emails that must be backed up on a regular basis.
What is the best data recovery software?
The best data recovery software depends on your specific requirements, but there are several essential features you should look for when choosing recovery software solutions, including:
- Configuration and management tools that enable email administrators to streamline the tasks involved in configuring and running backups as well as configuration of recovery and search activities.
- Extremely fast search tools that significantly reduce the time required for users and administrators to find and retrieve data from backups.
- Seamless integration with email archiving solutions, enabling administrators to manage all data retention policies throughout the enterprise from a single console.
- Scalable backup and data recovery solutions that make it easy to add capacity to backups as email and other data continues to expand in size.
- Data recovery software tools that work for on-premise, cloud and hybrid environments, providing the flexibility that organizations require to manage backups more easily.
- Multilayered security defenses to protect email and data backups against viruses, malware and advanced attacks like ransomware.