Mimecast Advanced Email Security blocks the most dangerous attacks
As the top attack vector, email demands the strongest possible protection. We block the most dangerous email-borne attacks, from phishing and ransomware to social engineering, payment fraud, and impersonation.
Email volume is increasing at 82% of organizations - higher than ever, leading to a greater volume of threats
59% of cybersecurity leaders believe growing attack sophistication is their biggest challenge
Visible to executives
Key business decisions are being shaped around cyber risk due to the rise in awareness of email security risk
World-class Advanced Email Security
Block email-based threats with AI-powered, industry-leading detection trusted by more than 42,000 customers.
Choose your deployment option - email security delivered with or without a gateway.
AI-powered, world-class detection
Apply the power of AI, machine learning, and social graphing to make security smarter and empower employees.
Mimecast Advanced Email Security at a glance
Social engineering defense
Leverage industry-leading AI to defend your employees from sophisticated social engineering and business email compromise attacks.
Insider risk protection
Prevent attacks from spreading internally and to your supply chain.
QR code protection
Block quishing attacks with QR code detection and deep URL scanning.
Extend email intelligence to enable threat sharing and enhanced detections with over 250 partner integrations.
Which Advanced Email Security is right for you?
What our customers say
Don’t take our word for it - Mimecast has protected organizations’ communications, people, and data since 2003.
Customer Case Studies
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore more details about email security.
Is email protection required for all types of organizations?
All email users are potential targets for cyber criminals. Any organization that uses email, regardless of location, industry, size, or any other factor, is at risk of suffering the consequences of a cyber attack. Without an email security plan and solution, every email user at any organization of any kind is vulnerable to cyber threats such as malware, phishing, spam, and data exfiltration.
What is advanced email protection?
Advanced email protection is a comprehensive, cloud-based enterprise-grade protection solution that guards email systems from a range of cyber attacks such as spam, viruses, and malware. As cyber threats constantly evolve, it's crucial for organizations of all sizes to implement advanced email protection.
What are the essential features of advanced email security products?
Advanced email security products should provide organizations with:
- A secure email gateway to block spam, viruses, and malware.
- Scans of every email, attachment, and URL on every click to detect and prevent impersonation fraud, ransomware, whaling, phishing and spear-phishing attacks.
- Quarantine features to stop inadvertent and malicious leaks.
- Secure messaging for employees to share confidential and sensitive information without worrying about complex access keys or encryption methods.
- Large file send capabilities to send files that exceed mailbox restrictions.
How can email security products help safeguard your business data?
Advanced email security products safeguard your business data by stopping the cyber attacks that lead to data exfiltration. Organizations should ensure their solutions offer the following features:
- A Secure Email Gateway that uses multi-layered detection engines and sophisticated threat intelligence to stop spam, viruses and malware before they reach your users.
- Targeted Threat Protection that scans every email, attachment and URL on every click to provide advanced threat protection from impersonation fraud, ransomware, whaling, phishing and spear-phishing attacks.
- Content Control and Data Leak Prevention that uses powerful scanning and quarantine features to stop inadvertent and malicious leaks at the gateway.
- Secure Messaging makes it easier for employees to share confidential and sensitive information without worrying about complex access keys or encryption methods.
- Large File Send that securely and effectively replaces the consumer-grade file sharing services that users turn to when the files they want to send exceed mailbox restrictions.
How to choose the right email security products for your needs?
While every organization requires some form of advanced email security, the needs of each organization can vary based on their own specific environment. Unfortunately, IT budgets are not limitless and not every solution will easily fit into a company’s existing infrastructure. When choosing which advanced email security solution to choose, the following should be considered:
- Features and functionality should be compared to see how they match your requirements.
- Compatibility and integration should be checked carefully against your existing systems to ensure fit and workflow.
- Performance and reliability should be analyzed carefully to ensure that once deployed, the solution is not only fast but effective in meeting your needs.
- Cost and value must always be weighed against your budget and scrutinized to ensure the solution you choose offers the best balance between quality and affordability.