Email. It’s the number-one business application used by organizations. It’s also the number-one method used to carry out cyberattacks, enabling malware delivery, phishing, impersonations and the spread of threats that are already internal to your organization.
Millions of organizations use Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 or a hybrid approach for email management. However, traditional approaches to secure email gateways are no longer enough. If you think of email security being single-layered and focused on anti-virus and anti-spam, your organization is vulnerable to targeted email-borne attacks. Like in the times of on-premises Exchange, you shouldn’t rely on Office 365 to deliver the sophisticated security your organization requires.
Attack methods are quickly evolving and growing more sophisticated, targeted and dangerous. Right now, the industry is faced with email-borne threats such as phishing attacks delivering malicious attachments and URLs; impersonation fraud fuelled by social engineering and aimed at tricking employees; and ransomware attacks that can encrypt your data and take entire systems offline.
The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway goes well beyond just providing cloud-based anti-virus and anti-spam protections. In addition to those security services, Mimecast provides:
- DNS Authentication services, including SPF/DKIM/DMARC to address sender spoofing
- Protection against impersonation attacks
- Prevention against the delivery of malicious attachments through the application of multiple signature-based, static, and sandboxing security inspections.
- Protection against malicious URLs, whether they are lures to phishing or malware drop sites
- The Mimecast Security Operations Center (MSOC)* - responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Mimecast email security services, continuous monitoring of threats across billions of emails a month globally and the rapid application of updates to the Mimecast service – so you and your team don’t have to.
*The MSOC is a team of globally distributed analysts and security researchers that manage the Mimecast security service on a 24/7 basis.
Secure Email Gateway
Mimecast Secure Email Gateway uses sophisticated, multi-layered detection engines and intelligence to protect email data and employees from malware, spam, phishing, and targeted attacks - 100% from the cloud.
It’s time to face facts: email threats are real, constantly-evolving and can have debilitating effects on …
Engineering firm reduces time spent on email management by 40 hours per week; Eliminates the negative impact of email outages
Today, we launched our new Mimecast Business Email Threat Report 2016. The survey of 600 IT security professionals shows that while 64 percent see email as a major cyber-security threat to their business, 65 percent also feel ill-equipped or too out-…