Industry Brief For Public Sector: State And Local Government
Mimecast is the cloud platform that enables state and local government organizations to secure citizen and other sensitive data as demands for digital public services increase.
Both the public and government employees want to be able to access information, pay bills and update services quickly and seamlessly, using different digital interfaces, including smartphones, tablets and laptops. The public assumes their data is protected, and it is critical for government organizations to safeguard personal data against unprecedented cyber threats. Cyberattacks have the potential to cripple services and affect the day-to-day functioning of state and local government organizations. At the same time, the impact on individuals can be deep and long-lasting.
Public sector organizations play a key role in contributing to the health, stability, and efficiency of the United States’ economy. Local and state government organizations hold significant amounts of personal data about their citizens that must be secured. With many local governments facing funding challenges, cybersecurity spending is lower than it should be. And, given public entities rely on tax dollars for all operational aspects, a combination of budgetary constraints and limited IT resources prevent many of these organizations from implementing security solutions at a scale and pace required to adequately protect them from today’s evolving cyberthreat landscape.
- More than 750 government organizations trust Mimecast for cyber resilience
- Dramatically reduce the risk of sophisticated attacks including phishing, ransomware weaponized attachments, and malicious URLs
- Reduce the burden on strained IT staff: a single pain of glass for email security, web security, archiving and continuity streamlines configuration, reporting and troubleshooting
- Keep services running and quickly restore data when attacks do get through
- Align budgetary constraints with an affordable, predictable cost of ownership