City of Seguin, Texas - Leading in Rural Cybersecurity Evolution
At a Glance
The City of Seguin is a South Texas community with a growing population of 30,000 plus residents.
The IT department looks after 450 employees, 30 facilities and multiple data centers.
- Citizen, vendor, employee and operational data needs to be protected, and the city’s technology enterprise must be kept secure under increasing ransomware attacks against state and local government.
- Email Security, Targeted Threat Protection, Impersonation Protect, Awareness Training.
- IT Department more aware of the threats that are out there and solicited and unsolicited spam is kept out of users’ inboxes.
- Mimecast reporting pulls key performance indicators and shares with city management to highlight security concerns being addressed.
- Thanks to behind-the-scenes information provided by Mimecast after implementing the tool, the City of Seguin put additional security procedures in place to further reduce the chance of mistake.
“Mimecast changed the game for us, making us more aware of the threats that are out there and keeping solicited and unsolicited spam out of the users’ inboxes.”
Shane McDaniel Director of IT, City of Seguin