Curious about switching from Cisco Umbrella Security?
As cybercriminals continue to use the web to launch devastating attacks on users and organizations, you may be wondering about switching from Cisco Umbrella Security to a more integrated solution for cyber resilience, covering both email and web security.
Protecting your employees and your organization from the damage of cyberattack requires solutions that can tightly integrate web security with capabilities for backup and recovery, email security, data archiving and continuity.
For IT administrators, it’s critical to have a platform that enables easy and seamless control of all aspects of managing defenses against web and email attacks. That’s why, if you’re thinking about switching from Cisco Umbrella Security most effectively, Mimecast is the natural choice.
How Mimecast makes it easy to switch from Cisco Umbrella Security
Mimecast provides a 100% cloud-based platform with all-in-one solutions for managing and protecting business data from web and email attacks. Designed as a subscription SaaS-based service, Mimecast requires no hardware or software to be purchased or installed, making it easy to quickly implement a world-class security solution.
Mimecast Web Security adds security and monitoring at the DNS layer to protect against malicious activity that’s initiated by user action or by malware, and to block business-inappropriate websites based on company policy. Mimecast’s web security solution can be implemented quickly to comprehensively upgrade your web security. And because the solution is fully integrated with Mimecast’s proven email security product, it can help to achieve greater cyber resilience by providing a single, easy-to-manage solution for addressing the top two vectors for cyberattacks.
Switching from Cisco Umbrella Security will not only improve your security posture for defending against web security threats, but against a variety of other attacks that include:
- Targeted email-borne threats. Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection provides next-generation protection against advanced email-borne threats such as spear-phishing, ransomware, impersonation attacks, malicious URLs and attachments, malware and internally generated threats.
- Data leaks. Mimecast Information Protection provides automated Content Control and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to protect against the unauthorized exposure of sensitive information. Mimecast also offers a secure messaging solution and technology for sending large files without needing to resort to consumer-grade filesharing services.
- Human error. Mimecast’s cyber awareness training solution provides highly entertaining, video-based modules that help to mitigate human error and to turn employees into frontline defenders of organizational security.
- Data loss and corruption. Mimecast Cloud Archive sets the standard for enterprise information archiving and provides powerful solutions for e-discovery and compliance. Mimecast’s Sync & Recover provides end-user data recovery, complete point-in-time recovery and protection from attacks and accidental deletion.
- Email outages. Mimecast Mailbox Continuity enables business continuity by providing users with uninterrupted access to live and archive email, even when attacks or planned outages have caused primary email servers to go down.
- DMARC Analyzer. Using DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) to stop direct domain spoofing is an effective defense against brand abuse and scams that can tarnish your reputation and lead to direct losses for your organization, your customers and partners. However, it can be difficult and time consuming to implement without the right tools. Before enforcing a DMARC reject policy using the Mimecast solution, it is essential to gain full insight into your email channels to make sure legitimate email does not get blocked.
- Brand Exploit Protect. Delivers an innovative solution covering over 99% of phishing use cases across the web. Using machine learning, it runs quadrillions of targeted scans that identify even unknown attack patterns, blocking compromised assets before they become live attacks at the earliest preparation stages.
With Mimecast’s integrated platform, all of these solutions can be managed from a single administration. While Cisco offers a broad range of security products, it offers no email continuity solution and its archiving service is provided by a partner and is not integrated with its email security suite.
How to switch from Cisco Umbrella Security in three steps
As a security leader with over 36,000 clients globally, Mimecast provides a comprehensive solution for web and email security that helps to deliver cyber resilience before, during and after a cyberattack.
Mimecast’s technical specialists have helped thousands of organizations to smoothly switch from solutions like Cisco Umbrella Security to Mimecast’s SaaS-based platform. You can rest easy knowing that our team has the experience and deep product expertise to ensure a fully secure configuration and that they know how to switch from Cisco Umbrella Security quickly and seamlessly.
Switching from Cisco Umbrella Security to Mimecast is an easy, three-step process:
- Contact us via phone, email or web chat to engage with a Mimecast security expert and discuss your needs.
- Work with your expert to determine your organization’s security gaps and requirements.
- Deploy and optimize your Mimecast subscription to begin immediately making your organization more cyber resilient.