Reduce cost and complexity of email backup.
E-Mails sind heute die wichtigste Form der Geschäftskommunikation. Eine E-Mail-Backup-Lösung sollte daher fester Bestandteil der Unternehmensinfrastruktur sein. Ein E-Mail-Backup hat mehrere Aufgaben: vom Nachweis der Compliance über die Datensicherung bei Rechtsstreitigkeiten bis hin zum Zugriff auf Informationen, den Mitarbeiter brauchen, um produktiv zu sein.
But traditional on-premises email backup systems are increasingly costly and complex to manage, consuming far more resources and IT staff time than most organizations can afford – especially considering the many other strategic IT priorities that also need attention.
Mimecast provides cloud-based email management with all the email backup power you need, along with email security and email continuity solutions in an all-in-one cloud platform – for a fraction of the cost of traditional email backup technology.
E-Mail-Backup mit Mimecast.
Mimecast Cloud Archive for Email is a highly-scalable and resilient email backup and archiving solution combining automated tools for administrators with fast access to data for employees. Cloud Archive for Email uses multiple collection points – including journal, gateway and synchronization technologies – to keep a copy of the original email, detailed meta-data, and a copy of the email if it was changed through policy enforcement. All inbound, outbound and internal email can be archived for instant searching by administrators and employees, radically simplifying email backup.
Mimecast's cloud email archiving software provides:
- Automated retention management tools limit mailbox size, reducing storage overhead and infrastructure management costs for email backup.
- Instant employee access to email, with a 7-second search SLA
- Greater email availability with email access on any device, anywhere.
- Umfassende Unterstützung bei Compliance- und E-Discovery-Anforderungen sowie bei Rechtsstreitigkeiten einschließlich Aufbewahrung aus rechtlichen Gründen, Datenexport und Fallmanagement.
- Verschlüsselte, sichere Speicherung mit Kopien von E-Mails in dreifacher Ausfertigung in geografisch getrennten Rechenzentren.
- Pricing based on the number of your employees rather than the volume of your email backup, helping to lower TCO.
With this Mimecast solution, you can also archive file data and Lync IM conversations.
Additional solutions to support email backup.
Your email backup solution must ensure continuous access to the vital information within your email system. Mimecast's email management technology includes security and email continuity solutions for this. Mimecast Email Security defends against advanced security threats and data loss, while Mimecast Mailbox Continuity ensures uninterrupted access to email during outages and planned downtime.
Learn more about email backup with Mimecast, and about email archiving in Office 365.
FAQs: Email Backup
What is an E-Mail-Backup?
An email backup is a copy of a set of emails that can be recovered when original emails are destroyed or deleted. An email backup is a form of data protection that secures email data by saving it to another storage device. When email is lost because of accidental deletion, data corruption, theft or a ransomware attack, email data can be recovered from the email backup and original versions of email can be restored.
What’s the difference between an E-Mail-Backup and an email archive?
An email backup is a copy of original email, which makes it possible to recover data if an email has been corrupted or lost due to human error, hardware failure, malicious acts or disaster. An archive, on the other hand, is a collection of original email that has been moved to a different storage system for long-term retention and future reference. Archives help to reduce the cost of backups by minimizing the volume of email that must be regularly backed up. By moving email off of high-performance primary servers to lower-cost secondary storage, archives also help to reduce the cost of storage infrastructure while reducing the strain on primary email servers.
What are the benefits of E-Mail-Backup?
Advantages of a robust email backup system include:
- Protection against data loss. Email can be easily deleted by accident, corrupted by hardware failure, lost to intentional deletion or held captive by a ransomware attack. In these instances, an email backup system enables you to quickly recover data and ensure business continuity.
- Insured compliance. Email is governed by a broad range of regulatory frameworks. An email backup system can ensure that email is protected and stored in a way that complies with regulations in multiple industries.
- Cost savings. The cost of an email backup solution is far less than the cost of damages incurred when email data is permanently lost, deleted or corrupted.
Can you recover deleted emails from an E-Mail-Backup?
A superior email backup system will allow users to quickly and easily recover email that has been permanently deleted from a mailbox. In contrast, recovering permanently deleted emails from platforms such as Gmail or Office 365 is more time-consuming and may not be possible at all.
What are important E-Mail-Backup capabilities?
An email backup system should offer:
- Flexible deployments with options for cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments.
- Multi-layered defenses against ransomware and other malware attacks.
- Streamlined search and recovery capabilities that automate recovery of individual items, mailboxes and folders.
- Simplified tools for administration that make managing backup and recovery solutions less time-consuming.
- Options for cloud-to-cloud backup.