What is Advanced Threat Protection?
Advanced Threat Protection is a comprehensive, cloud-based enterprise-grade protection solution to guard email systems from a range of cyberattacks such as spam, viruses, and malware. As cyber threats constantly evolve it's crucial for organizations of all sizes to implement and layer on advanced threat protection solutions.
Importance of Advanced Threat Protection
Given the rising threat of ransomware and other sophisticated threats to business resiliency and data integrity, and specifically the vulnerabilities of email systems, advanced threat protection is vitally important to reduce the cost and complexity of securing email. By ensuring your organization has cutting edge solutions for advanced threat protection, risk of cyber breaches, data leaks and crippling downtime can be heavily mitigated.
How Advanced Threat Protection works?
Advanced Threat Protection works by providing a cloud-based solution with a single pane of glass to manage email security, archiving, and continuity. By using a modern secure email gateway, cyber threats can be blocked before they reach your employee's inboxes. By further coupling a secure email gateway with a powerful email archiving solution and email continuity solution, you can ensure members of your organization can always access their email and data.
Today's sophisticated attacks require Advanced Threat Protection
As cyber attacks grow more sophisticated by the day, you need advanced threat protection solutions to defend your organization from advanced persistent threats, ransomware, malicious email attachments, an insider threat and other cyber risks.
Most threats today originate in an email. In fact, 91% of hacking attacks start with a phishing or spear-phishing email. To truly protect your data, your employees and your organization, your advanced threat protection solution must begin by defending your email system.
That's where Mimecast can help. With comprehensive enterprise-grade advanced threat protection for email, we can help your organization guard against the most sophisticated attacks as well as traditional threats like spam, viruses and malware.
Stop cyber attacks with Advanced Threat Protection from Mimecast
Mimecast offers comprehensive email management solutions in an all-in-one, cloud-based subscription service. With Mimecast, you can reduce the cost and complexity of securing email and keeping it safe and available for business. By providing advanced threat protection, insider threat detection and email archiving and continuity, Mimecast enables you to achieve cyber resilience by both fending off threats and ensuring continuity if threats are successful.
As a cloud-based solution, Mimecast lets you manage email security, archiving and continuity with a unified tool and a single pane of glass. You no longer have to manage multiple point solutions from a variety of vendors. And with massive scalability and developer APIs, Mimecast makes it easy to tailor services to meet the needs of your organization.
Comprehensive tools for Advanced Threat Protection
To provide advanced threat protection, Mimecast provides a suite of email security services that include:
- Secure Email Gateway, using multi-layered detection engines and sophisticated threat intelligence to stop spam, viruses and malware before they reach your users.
- Targeted Threat Protection, scanning every email, attachment and URL on every click to provide advanced threat protection from impersonation fraud, ransomware, whaling, phishing and spear-phishing attacks.
- Content Control and Data Leak Prevention, using powerful scanning and quarantine features to stop inadvertent and malicious leaks at the gateway -- an ideal tool for an insider threat program.
- Secure Messaging, making it easier for employees to share confidential and sensitive information without worrying about complex access keys or encryption methods.
- Mimecast Large File Send, a tool for putting an end to the consumer-grade file sharing services that users turn to when the files they want to send exceed mailbox restrictions.
Mimecast also offers email continuity solutions that enable users to continue working with email during an attack or outage, and a multipurpose archive solution that can simplify e-discovery, compliance, backup and Outlook recovery.
Advanced Threat Protection FAQs
What makes a threat "advanced"?
A threat is considered advanced if it remains undetected in a network over time with the objective to steal information rather than cause malicious damage. It can take days, weeks, or even months before an organization becomes aware it is the victim of an advanced threat, by which time much irrecoverable damage may already have taken place.
Am I vulnerable to advanced threats?
If your organization handles high-value information, you are a target for advanced threats. You are particularly vulnerable if you do not have advanced threat protection tools in place.
How can I protect against advanced threats?
The best way to protect against advanced threats is to install advanced threat protection software. Mimecast Advanced Threat Protection offers a cloud-based solution to manage email security, archiving, and continuity with a unified tool and a single pane of glass to manage multiple point solutions from a variety of vendors, tailored to the needs of your organization.
How effective are Advanced Threat Protection solutions?
Advanced Threat Protection solutions are highly effective by providing:
- A secure email gateway to block spam, viruses, and malware.
- Scans of every email, attachment, and URL on every click to detect and prevent impersonation fraud, ransomware, whaling, phishing and spear-phishing attacks.
- Quarantine features to stop inadvertent and malicious leaks.
- Secure messaging for employees to share confidential and sensitive information without worrying about complex access keys or encryption methods.
- Large file send capabilities to send files that exceed mailbox restrictions.