Migrating to Office 365
Alleviate your concerns about moving to Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 is an attractive option for organizations wanting to move their email management to the cloud and remove the need for an on-premises Exchange server. The benefits include better collaboration, lower cost of ownership and greater agility.
While the capabilities of Office 365 are sufficient for some business, others – particularly in the enterprise space – will need additional third party products and services to address specific use cases not supported by Office 365. These may relate to organizational complexity, risk management considerations, or the simple concern around having so much mission critical technology dependent on a single vendor. Having made the decision to move email to the cloud, CIOs will not want to purchase LAN-based products to meet these use cases.
At an operational level, enterprise IT can be firmly tethered to the internal LAN too; IT teams are keen to remove the complexity that has grown around their business systems, but the legacy nature of these systems often means they are hard to replace. Moving to Office 365 can be the goal, but these LAN tethers can firmly hold organizations back from realizing that goal.
A blended cloud offers significant advantages
Mimecast’s approach to delivering value to Office 365 customers addresses these concerns by delivering a ‘blended cloud’ solution, with a suite of services seamlessly integrated into Office 365. In contrast to other vendors, Mimecast operating in tandem with Office 365 enables organizations to remove their dependence on on-premises technologies once and for all, with no compromise in terms of performance, data security and access or end user experience.
Business Continuity Planning
- High availability services limit the risk associated with cloud service outages, automatically re-routing email to end users via Mimecast. Learn more.
- Blended cloud security delivers a multi-layered solution to ensure optimum security coverage in a highly volatile threat landscape – without resorting to on-premises solutions.
- Protection against targeted threats compliments native Office 365 offerings and provides protection from spear-phishing or advanced persistent threat emails. Learn more.
- A journal archive for Office 365 provides data redundancy, ensuring an always available archive of email content and a backup of tamper-resistant data in an alternative location. Learn more.
- Moving legacy archive data to the cloud can be a barrier to Office 365 adoption. Bring all archive content, both legacy and new archive data, under one roof.
Managing Complex Environments
- Remove barriers and speed up large scale migrations through the ability to effectively manage highly complex organizational structures, heterogeneous and hybrid infrastructure and more. Learn more.
Sharing Large Files
- Make email attachment size limits irrelevant and allow users to simply share large files directly from Outlook. Learn More.