Episode #7, Season 3 of Phishy Business: The Lazarus Heist: From Phishing Emails to Half a Ton of Cash
In this episode of Phishy Business, we sit down with Geoff White, investigative journalist, host of The Lazarus Heist Podcast, and now, author of The Lazarus Heist book, which tells the incredible true stories of some of the most high-profile cyberattacks in the world.
In 'The Lazarus Heist: From Phishing Emails to Half a Ton of Cash', we discuss:
- How every hack Geoff investigated started with business email compromise, a ‘depressingly familiar tactic’
- The dangers of phishing emails and human error, and how they give hackers a way in
- Why human oversight is also crucial to detecting anomalies and monitoring systems to discover malicious activity
- The physical and digital aspects of traceability when it comes to assets stolen through cyberattacks
- How to launder $81 million in cash
- How organizations need to take a risk-based approach to cybersecurity and resilience
- How cybercrime gangs operate like legitimate businesses and how cybercriminals can lead a double life.