What is cyber security software?
Cyber security software is software that aims to stop sophisticated cyberattacks. Modern cyber security software often contains multiple layers of security tools, including machine learning and cybersecurity AI solutions to continuously build greater protection as new cyber threats arise. However, in the event a cyberattack is successful, cyber security software also provides resilience to protect email, backup critical data and ensure business continuity.
What is the need for cyber security tools and software?
Cyber security tools and software are essential to protect organizations against the increasing rise in potentially devastating criminal attacks that threaten business continuity and data leaks, as well as potential ransomware payments. While business productivity, downtime and direct monetary losses are serious complications from a successful cyberattack, the biggest impact on a company's bottom line is often reputational damage and the downstream effects that ensue.
How do cyber security tools and software work?
Cyber security tools and software uses an integrated set of technologies, controls, and processes to identify potential risks to network and application security and prevent them from contaminating organization systems. Cyber security tools and software also provide for business continuity and data protection in the event of a successful cyberattack. Cyber Security Tools and Software also provides end-user training to detect and avoid potential cyberattacks.
Improve cyber resilience with superior cyber security software
Confronted by increasingly devastating cyber threats, many organizations are looking for cyber security software solutions that can help to achieve cyber resilience.
Traditionally, cyber security software has been focused on stopping attacks and preventing cyber crime. But as the cyber risk landscape continues to expand and become more complex, savvy companies are looking for software solutions that enable resilience when attacks are successful.
Business continuity and data availability are key to cyber resilience. Since so many leading cyber security threats originate in email, most companies working toward cyber resilience want cyber security software that can not only protect email but ensure its continuity and availability during and after an attack.
For companies seeking the most effective cyber security solutions, Mimecast offers a suite of cloud-based cyber security software that can power a highly effective cyber resilience strategy.
Cloud-based cyber security software from Mimecast
Mimecast's offers cyber security software via a fully integrated subscription service. Our SaaS-based offerings let you avoid the cost and complexity of managing on-premise solutions. Built on a highly scalable cloud platform, our comprehensive cyber security tools can be easily managed through a single pane of glass. And with a vibrant user community of more than 25,000 member organizations and millions of users, we offer customers access to a rich knowledge base as well as certified Mimecast engineers and industry-leading SLAs.
Benefits of Mimecast's all-in-one cyber security software
Our cloud-based cyber security software includes:
- Advanced security services. Our leading-edge, patented technology incorporates multi-layered detection engines and the latest threat intelligence to protect your email and users from targeted attacks like ransomware and spear-fishing. Our cyber security software also blocks spam, viruses, malware and data leaks.
- Business continuity. Because access to email is critical to continuity, our cyber security software enables users to continue to use email during attacks and outages. A 100% service availability SLA ensures users will always have access to the email data they need.
- Multipurpose archiving. By storing and replicating data from email, files and IM conversations in the cloud, we help to ensure data availability and integrity before, during and after an attack. Our cyber security software also includes management tools for simplifying backup and recovery as well as compliance and e-discovery.
- End-user empowerment. Since employees are often the weak link in cyber security, we offer training and tools to promote cyber security awareness and to help employees become a powerful line of defense against cyber attacks.
Learn more about cyber security software from Mimecast.
Cyber security software tools FAQs
What are some top features of cyber security software tools?
Some of the top features of cyber security software tools include:
- Advanced security services that employ multi-layered detection engines and the latest threat intelligence to protect email and users from targeted attacks and block spam, viruses, malware, and data leaks.
- Business continuity to enable users to continue to use email during attacks and outages. A 100% service availability SLA ensures users always have access to the email data they need.
- Multipurpose archiving. Storing and replicating data from email, files, and IM conversations in the cloud helps ensure data availability and integrity before, during, and after an attack.
- Management tools to simplify backup and recovery as well as compliance and e-discovery.
- End-user training and tools to promote cyber security awareness and to help employees become a powerful line of defense against cyberattacks.
Why cyber security software tools are important for business?
Cyber security software tools are vitally important to protect businesses from criminal cyberattacks that cause business disruption and data leaks as well as, in an increasing number of cases, payment of ransomware.