With Cybersecurity Awareness Month here, we’re ready to help.
Human error is one of the leading barriers to effective cybersecurity. Casual security mistakes can lead to career-threatening results. Putting the right technology in place to improve your cybersecurity is important; however, an educated workforce that’s aware of the threats and knows how to prevent them is the last piece of the puzzle.
Sie können Ihren Mitarbeitern beibringen, was sie wissen müssen, um die Sicherheit Ihres Unternehmens zu gewährleisten, und wir helfen Ihnen dabei.
This week, we’re tackling the issue of how to avoid security issues when using public WiFi. You can learn about other similar threats by downloading our cybersecurity awareness training kit.
The security risks of public WiFi
Open, unsecured public WiFi networks can be risky. Criminals can set up routers to provide WiFi service in public places. Once you connect, they can intercept, capture, and divert all your communications.
That means criminals can access everything from your logins and company email file attachments to the credit card information you enter on e-commerce sites.
How to stay safe on public WiFi
• Use public WiFi networks that require a password.
• Pay attention to warnings that you’re connecting to a network that hasn’t been secured.
• Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) wherever possible, and always use the company’s VPN to connect remotely to company resources.
• If you’re on a public WiFi network, limit your browsing to sites that use encryption (sites with names starting with HTTPS instead of HTTP).
• Avoid logging into websites where there’s a chance that cybercriminals could capture your identity, passwords or personal information — such as social networking sites, online banking services, or websites that store your credit card information.
• If relaying sensitive information, consider using your mobile device’s data network instead of WiFi.
• Make sure your device has the most current updates and patches.
Abonnieren Sie unseren Blog um sich über die neuesten Nachrichten, Informationen, Tipps und Analysen zur Cybersicherheit auf dem Laufenden zu halten.