Stop threats with anti-spoofing solutions
Cyber criminals today are constantly developing new ways to gain unauthorized access to networks and organizations in order to steal data and money or to install malware. Scammers no longer need to rely on brute force to penetrate an organization's security defenses – deception or "spoofing" is the name of the game today.
Spoofing takes a wide range of forms. Website spoofing involves the creation of fake domains and websites that look identical to those of a trusted brand. Cyber criminals use these domains and sites to trick users into revealing login credentials or other sensitive information. Email spoofing involves sending email that appears to come from a legitimate source. In reality, these fraudulent messages are attempting to fool the recipient into taking action that benefits the attackers. And DNS hijacking is a technique that redirects traffic from a legitimate website to a fraudulent one.
Clearly, organizations need anti-spoofing security solutions that can prevent the damage caused by these attacks and other forms of web spoofing. But deploying and managing a myriad of point solutions only makes it more difficult to mount a coordinated defense against these attacks. That's why Mimecast offers a combined solution for email and web security that offers anti-spoofing technology to defend against a wide range of threats.
Anti-spoofing technology from Mimecast
Mimecast offers a cloud-based service with comprehensive solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to defend against a broad range of email and web threats. As a 100% SaaS/cloud solution, Mimecast can be deployed quickly and easily. And with the ability to manage all solutions centrally, Mimecast minimizes the cost and complexity of administering email and web defenses.
Mimecast anti-spoofing technology covers a broad range of spoofing attacks. With Mimecast, you can implement a multi-layered anti-spoofing defense that includes:
- Email security solutions that prevent email spoofing as well as threats like phishing, ransomware and impersonation attacks.
- Web security technology to stop malicious web activity and block inappropriate websites.
- Online brand protection that detects, assesses, and ultimately takes down fraudulent web sites.
- Awareness training that reduces the role of human error in enabling spoofing attacks.
- Data protection solutions that reduce the complexity of storing and restoring data.
Prevent website spoofing with Mimecast brand exploit protect
Mimecast Brand Exploit Protect offers industry-leading protection against fraudulent website spoofing. Because a spoofed website and spoofed domain are outside of an organization's perimeter, it has been difficult in the past to stop a website spoofing attack before a large number of users have fallen prey to it. Mimecast's brand protection services enable you to go on the offense against these attacks. Using machine learning, Mimecast runs quadrillions of targeted scans to search for domains and websites that are similar to yours and which may be part of an attack campaign. This innovative service can identify even unknown attack patterns at the earliest stages, blocking campaigns before they become live attacks.
With Mimecast's anti-spoofing technology for websites and domains, you can:
- Protect your employees, customers and partners from phishing scams that use domains and websites that look like yours.
- Find attacks where cyber criminals have cloned your website and hosted on different infrastructure
- Limit the use of data that is stolen in a website spoofing attack.
- Block and take down both active scams and spoofing campaigns that are still in the preparation stage.
Additional Mimecast anti-spoofing services
Mimecast anti-spoofing technology also includes protection against:
- Email spoofing. Mimecast DMARC Analyzer makes it easy to implement and manage the DMARC authentication protocols. With DMARC, email security teams can more easily identify messages where a scammer is trying to spoof an email address to dupe a recipient into visiting a fraudulent website or revealing sensitive information. DMARC Analyzer also offers a DMARC, DKIM and SPF validator service that inspects DNS records for potential errors that would adversely impact mail delivery.
- Impersonation attacks. Mimecast Impersonation Protect defends against attacks that use domain similarity to impersonate executives within your company as well as trusted and well-known partners and brands. This service scans all inbound emails in real-time, looking for the traits of malware-less, social engineering-based impersonation campaigns. Mimecast can identify header anomalies, domain similarity, recently registered domains, sender spoofing, suspect body content, and international character sets that are often part of impersonation attempts.
FAQs: What is anti-spoofing technology?
What is spoofing?
In IT security, spoofing is a type of attack where cybercriminals pose as someone or something else on the internet in order to gain the trust of a user or target, making it easier to steal data, money or identities or to launch harmful attacks.
What is website spoofing?
Website spoofing is a type of cybercrime where attackers create a domain and a website that is almost identical to the domain and website of a trusted brand. Attackers then attempt to lure employees, customers or other partners of the brand to the website and convince them to share sensitive information or login credentials, or to take action that benefits the attacker.
What is email spoofing?
Email spoofing is an attack where cyber criminals send an email that appears to come from a trusted source and domain. The email may attempt to get the recipient to click on a link that downloads malware or that takes the user to a fraudulent website where they are encouraged to share sensitive information. Email spoofing can also be used in business email compromise or impersonation attacks, where attackers pose as high-level executives and convince a recipient to transfer money to a fraudulent account.
What is anti-spoofing technology?
Anti-spoofing technology is any security solution that helps to identify and block a spoofing campaign.