Preventing an email data breach
An email data breach is the worst nightmare for IT administrators everywhere. From major breaches that make the headlines and costs millions to minor breaches that hinder productivity and undermine client trust, an email data breach is something many IT professionals worry about constantly.
And for good reason: email attack methods are constantly evolving, and most IT teams have a hard time keeping pace. It's not enough to have a solution for stopping viruses, spam and malware. Organizations now need defenses against phishing and spear-phishing attacks that use social engineering techniques to dupe users. And administrators must also worry about a ransomware or impersonation attack, such as a whaling cyber attack, that can be the cause of a major theft of money and data.
Clearly, preventing an email data breach requires solutions that are not only as sophisticated as the attacks, but that can stay several steps ahead of them. That's what you get with Mimecast's all-in-one cloud security solution for email.
Email data breach prevention with Mimecast
Mimecast provides a cloud-based, subscription service that can not only help to prevent an email data breach but solve many other challenges of email management as well. Mimecast's SaaS-based solution combines threat response solutions with archiving, continuity, e-Discovery and compliance capabilities that can help to make sure data is always available, always safe and always replicated.
As a subscription service, Mimecast's technology is easy to implement and easy to use, with no capital costs for hardware, software or infrastructure. Sophisticated detection engines and the latest threat intelligence from the Mimecast Security Operations Center help to identify new and emerging threats, enabling organizations to prevent an email data breach more effectively.
Mimecast solutions for thwarting an email data breach
Mimecast's multilayered email security solutions include a variety of capabilities for preventing an email data breach. These include:
- Secure Email Gateway. In addition to blocking viruses, malware and spam, Mimecast Secure Email Gateway applies strong defenses to keep attackers out and innovative policies to keep sensitive information secure.
- Impersonation Protect. DNS authentication and real-time scanning of all inbound emails help detect impersonation and spoofing attacks.
- Attachment Protect. Mimecast protects against malicious attachments by applying signature-based, static and sandboxing security inspections.
- Internal Email Protect. Mimecast scans internally generated email for malicious links, sensitive content and potentially dangerous attachments to protect against an insider threat or an inadvertent leak.
- URL Protect. Mimecast performs URL analysis on every inbound email to protect against malicious links and block dangerous file types.
- Information Protection. Mimecast combines services for secure messaging and sending large files with content control and data loss prevention (DLP) services, providing automated controls to enforce content security policies.
Learn more about stopping an email data breach with Mimecast.