Mimecast is a Challenger in Gartner’s Enterprise Information Archiving Magic Quadrant
Mimecast believes improvement reflects 12 months of sustained product innovation and customer adoption
London, UK – Mimecast has been recognized by Gartner as a ‘Challenger’ in this year’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving*. Mimecast was a new entrant to the Magic Quadrant last year, and has since invested significantly in product innovation and seen strong customer adoption of its archive solutions. Mimecast is a cloud-based, email archiving, security and continuity provider.
Matthew Ravden, Mimecast Chief Strategy Officer, said: “We have made significant progress over the last year in both product development and customer adoption for our archiving business. Our archiving solutions have extended this year, bringing benefits to IT administrators and compliance officers. It doesn’t stop there. We have also brought the searchable archive to end-users at their desks and, importantly, securely to their mobile devices.”
Since the 2012 report Mimecast has:
- Mimecast Lync Archive – enables organizations to archive Lync Instant Message conversations, shared files and whiteboards.
- Mimecast Large File Send for Outlook - a cloud-based large file sending service that enables end-users to send files up to 2 GB via a secure, centrally managed service that remains compliant with existing enterprise IT policy.
- Mimecast Services for Office 365 – a range of cloud services designed to enhance the core capabilities of Microsoft Office 365 in the areas of archiving, continuity and security, to address a common need for extended compliance, governance, security and email continuity capabilities.
- Mimecast Services for Outlook Web App.
- Mimecast File Archive – a cloud-based file archiving solution that brings all file data together into an instantly accessible, compliant archive. It stores shared files alongside email data, giving access to both types of data together. It archive files from Network Shares, Home Drives and Microsoft SharePoint, as well as cloud services such as Box and Dropbox.
- Mimecast Mobile Archive – access to a fully searchable, bottomless email store from a smartphone or tablet. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
- Mimecast Services for SharePoint – inclusion of SharePoint files in the central archive.
- Grown its archiving customer base by 32 per cent in the year from June 2012.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
*Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving, Alan Dayley, Garth Landers, 5 November 2013
Mimecast delivers cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365, including archiving, continuity and security. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic solution that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimizes risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email. Founded in the United Kingdom in 2003, Mimecast serves more than 8,000 customers and 2 million users worldwide and has offices in Europe, North America, Australia, Africa and the Channel Islands.
Mimecast Social Media Resources
We welcome the opportunity to engage with the press and talk about our work and our industry.
Public Relations Manager, North America
+1 (617) 393 7122
UK & Europe
Senior PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0)207 847 8700
Africa, Middle East, India & Asia Pacific
PR & Communications Manager
+27 11 722 3700