Mimecast announces support for Microsoft Office 365 to extend business benefits and facilitate migration processes
Mimecast®, the leading supplier of cloud-based email archiving, continuity and security for Microsoft Exchange, has today announced that it is offering a full suite of value added cloud services for Office 365, Microsoft’s latest email offering, which launched yesterday.
Deployed in tandem with Microsoft Office 365, Mimecast’s cloud-based services support organisations adopting the new platform by offering an independent, tamper-proof, long-term email archive with granular eDiscovery and legal hold capabilities.
The benefits of Mimecast’s services for Microsoft Office 365 include:
- 100% service availability SLA - Should there be any planned or unplanned outages, during or after the move to Office 365, Mimecast will automatically deliver an uninterrupted email service to end users via their Microsoft Outlook mailboxes
- A unified system – Mimecast supports any combination of Exchange – whether on-premise, hosted or as part of Office 365 – by enabling centralised policy management and a single organisation-wide archive wherever users’ mailboxes reside
- Legal and compliance support – Mimecast’s granular eDiscovery and litigation hold capabilities allow designated personnel to rapidly identify, control and retrieve data. Strong chains of custody are maintained for each message, providing evidential quality data, should it be required
- Seamless integration – The Mimecast solution is easy to set-up – organisations simply have to switch their MX records to point to Mimecast’s datacentres and enable SMTP journaling in Microsoft Exchange Online – and the archive and continuity capability integrates fully with Microsoft Outlook and Exchange
- Migration support - Moving historical email to the independent Mimecast archive before migrating to Office 365 protects data from the increased risks associated with any migration process as well as providing a single consolidated message repository for ongoing business benefits
“With the introduction of Microsoft Office 365, organisations now have a cloud-based alternative to managing their email system in-house,” commented Peter Bauer, CEO, Mimecast. “Office 365 offers greater scalability, lower total cost of ownership and the chance to reduce the complexity of the email infrastructure. Mimecast’s services have always enabled our customers to get maximum value from their investment in Exchange, and our support for Office 365 is no exception. By offering a 100% service availability SLA, extended eDiscovery capabilities and an independent, long-term email archive, we can help customers build on the strengths of Microsoft’s new platform while adding value in a number of key areas.”
Mimecast delivers cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange, including archiving, continuity and security. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic solution that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimizes risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email. Founded in the United Kingdom in 2003, Mimecast serves approximately 4,000 customers worldwide and has offices in Europe, North America, Africa and the Channel Islands
Mimecast Social Media Resources
We welcome the opportunity to engage with the press and talk about our work and our industry.
Public Relations Manager, North America
+1 (617) 393 7122
UK & Europe
Senior PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0)207 847 8700
Africa, Middle East, India & Asia Pacific
PR & Communications Manager
+27 11 722 3700