Phishy Business - S02, Episode #03: How to ‘level up’ ransomware protection and the curious case of the $54,000 ransom
We discuss the importance of story-telling in cyber security, why MSPs (Managed Service Providers) have a target on their backs when it comes to ransomware, the vital importance of having properly set up back-ups in place and how Bruce is achieving his goal of helping a million people.
In "How to ‘level up’ ransomware protection and the curious case of the $54,000 ransom", we discuss:
- How storytelling when warning on the dangers of cyber threats is important
- No matter how small or ‘uninteresting’ you think your business is, it is a target for cybercriminals
- Why MSPs are particularly targeted when it comes to ransomware
- Why anyone would target hospitals in cyberattacks
- The, perhaps unsexy, but critical importance of having proper data back-ups in place
About Phishy Business
Fed up with the same old cybersecurity stories? Come with us on a journey that explores the lesser-known side. Whether it’s social engineering, taking criminals to court or the journalists hunting down hackers — our new podcast series, Phishy Business, looks for new ways to think about cybersecurity. Mimecast’s very own Brian Pinnock and Alice Jeffery are joined by guests from a range of unique security specialisms. Each episode explores tales of risk, reward and just a dash of ridiculousness to learn how we can all improve in the fight to stay safe. For more tales of risk, reward and ridiculousness, subscribe to Phishy Business on iTunes, Spotify, Anchor or wherever you get your podcasts.