UK bank chooses Mimecast to thwart customer phishing attacks
From continuous website cloning attacks to zero in just two months
At a Glance
- Regional UK bank
- £1bn in assets
- Reputation and customer trust was being eroded as the banks website was being repeatedly cloned, with fraudsters tricking their customers into handing over credentials and other sensitive information.
- Two man days a week were being spent trying to manually detect and remediate these attacks.
- Takedown processes were adhoc, with the bank using slow and unresponsive ISP and legal routes with limited success.
- Mimecast Brand Exploit Protect
- Within 2 months, the bank eradicated all customer impacting attacks – if any threats were detected, they were taken down before they could target customers.
- Internal staff time was freed up due to the automated detection and managed response from Mimecast.
- Customer trust and the bank’s reputation were restored.
“For the first time, we were ahead of the game. Cloned websites were being detected and removed before they had a chance to target anyone, and without any internal resources or manpower on our part.”
IT security and infrastructure manager