Simplify compliance with powerful eDiscovery software.
When complying with litigation and eDiscovery requests threatens to overwhelm IT teams, eDiscovery software services from Mimecast can help.
The volume of email and other data produced by the average organization is growing exponentially every year, complicating data retention and eDiscovery services. As new regulations appear and existing regulations evolve, managing compliance and responding to eDiscovery can quickly strain the resources of even the largest IT teams, compromising quality and timeliness. And when eDiscovery is not accurate and on time, the resulting risk and exposure can lead to devastating consequences.
To manage the retention, search and discovery of email and other electronically stored information (ESI), organizations need powerful eDiscovery software that can simplify management, reduce costs and ensure data security and privacy. That's where Mimecast eDiscovery solutions can help.
eDiscovery software services from Mimecast.
Mimecast offers an all-in-one subscription service with solutions for information archiving, email continuity and ESI security. As a cloud-based solution, Mimecast can be deployed quickly and without capital cost. And as a comprehensive solution for managing and protecting email, Microsoft eliminates the need to deploy an array of disjointed point solutions from multiple vendors.
Mimecast eDiscovery software services are an integral part of the Mimecast Cloud Archive. This secure, central repository of corporate data aggregates email, files and other information in a single location, replicating data to provide redundancy and protect against data loss.
Mimecast Cloud Archive and eDiscovery software provide:
- Comprehensive support for responding to compliance, litigation and eDiscovery requests, with tools for legal hold, retention, case management and data export.
- Fast search tools that enable users to find email and data within seconds, accelerating eDiscovery processes and reducing the administrative burden of compliance.
- Self-service options for legal and compliance teams that enable them to handle search and retrieval without involving IT teams.
Reduce cost and complexity with Mimecast eDiscovery software.
Mimecast eDiscovery software offers significant benefits for organizations seeking to improve compliance and eDiscovery processes.
By simplifying retention management, Mimecast eDiscovery software helps to reduce costs and administrative overhead. Legal, compliance and IT teams can respond to requests for information in far less time and with much less effort.
Mimecast eDiscovery software enables users to find information within seven seconds, improving productivity and providing faster access to insight. And by enabling users, compliance and legal teams to find archived information on their own, Mimecast helps to free IT departments to focus on other strategic priorities.
Learn more about eDiscovery software from Mimecast, and about Mimecast solutions for LDAP authentication.
FAQs: eDiscovery software
What is eDiscovery software?
eDiscovery software assists attorneys in managing eDiscovery – the process of identifying, collecting, reviewing and producing electronic documents for use in a lawsuit or investigation. eDiscovery software can help to process a wide variety of electronically stored information (ESI) including email, documents, databases, spreadsheets, instant messages, social media communications and more.
What is eDiscovery software for data retention?
eDiscovery software includes applications that streamline, automate and simplify the process of collecting, organizing and reviewing ESI for legal proceedings. But superior eDiscovery software should also include solutions for managing and centralizing data archives in ways that can that supports legal and data management strategies for storing and retrieving files, making the eDiscovery process more efficient in order to save money and speed responses to inquiries.
What challenges is eDiscovery software designed to solve?
eDiscovery can be a challenging process for legal and compliance teams, with a great deal riding on the success of their efforts. Challenges include:
- Meeting discovery deadlines. Certain cases involve strict and sometimes aggressive deadlines for completing eDiscovery, and failure to comply on time can result in significant fines or penalties.
- Minimizing time. Collecting large amounts of data from a variety of sources and in diverse formats can be extremely time-consuming and costly.
- Preserving data integrity. Data collected and presented in eDiscovery must have documented chains of custody that ensure the information and documents were not altered or modified in any way.
- Managing multiple archives. Many organizations have data stored across multiple archives that can make the process of searching, collecting and aggregating data extremely difficult.
- Complying with regulation. From GDPR and HIPAA to Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC and FINRA, there are a broad range of regulatory frameworks that organizations must comply with as they store, retrieve and use data.
What features are important in eDiscovery software?
Superior eDiscovery software should offer:
- A 100% cloud solution that enables organizations to scale easily as data needs grow.
- A single online data repository that consolidates email, files, IM messages and other ESI for comprehensive eDiscovery.
- Tools for in-house identification, preservation, collection and review.
- Fast search capabilities to speed data retrieval.
- Automated culling to significantly reduce third-party costs.
- Self-service features that enable legal and compliance teams to manage eDiscovery without help from IT.
- Case management features that streamline processing, review and analysis.
- Capabilities for centrally managed and rapidly deployed litigation holds.
- Tools for early case assessments.
- Multi-layered defenses against cyberattacks and loss of data availability.
- Comprehensive data retention policies that enable in-depth control over data purge requests by clients for compliance with GDPR and other regulatory environments.
What are the benefits of eDiscovery software?
Superior eDiscovery software enables organizations to:
- Accelerate identification and retrieval of email and other ESI to minimize costs and meet compliance deadlines.
- Reduce costs by handling more aspects of eDiscovery in-house and minimizing the amount of data that must be exported for third-party review.
- Streamline and simplify data retention to better support long-term legal and data management strategies.
- Protect data from cyberattack as well as loss and corruption and ensure the integrity of data with data immutability and detailed activities logging.
- Simplify compliance with compliance-driven chains of custody and automated data retention policies that can be easily enforced across the enterprise.