Show season is upon us.
Chief Information Security Officers, IT security professionals and hackers alike will be converging on cities around the globe to learn the latest and greatest cybersecurity trends, technologies and issues, while meeting their peers in person to collaborate on critical success factors in the war on cybercrime.
For Mainstream CISOs
Infosec-conferences.com has the most comprehensive list of cyber security events across the globe. They describe themselves on their website as:
“We’re the InfoSec Community’s #1 ‘Go To’ resource for Cybersecurity Conferences. Since 2012 we’ve provided Cybersecurity Professionals with accurate event listings that are manually checked and updated every day."
You can literally find hundreds of events across the globe with up-to-date calendars, locations and links. Instead of having to traverse each one yourself, and with RSA Conference already in the books, I’d like to offer the following as key events to evaluate for your own potential attendance:
- InfoSec World Conference & Expo: allows you to join your peers and experts as we come together as a community once again to not only sharpen our cybersecurity skills, but to discover what it takes to be a valued business partner and enabler as well. Take a glimpse into what the next 25 years will look like for the infosec industry with all that’s available to you when you join us onsite.
- Infosecurity Europe: is Europe's number one information security event featuring the region’s largest and most comprehensive conference program and over 400 exhibitors showcasing the most relevant information security solutions and products to 15,000+ information security professionals.
- Black Hat USA: is the most technical and relevant information security event series in the world. For more than 20 years, Black Hat Briefings have provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends in a strictly vendor-neutral environment.
For Hackers and The More Edgy
There are also a few shows that are not for the faint of heart. Check out these events if you are interested in the hacker perspective on cybersecurity:
- DEF CON 27: Started by the legend that is Dark Tangent (Jeff Moss) DEF CON is the world’s best known “hacker convention” or “hacker conference.” The first DEF CON took place in June 1993 so it’s also one of the oldest (and therefore original) cybersecurity meetings.
- Nuit du Hack: Initiated in 2003 by a crew of people who got together under the name of Hackerz Voice and inspired by the famous and biggest US hacking event named “DEFCON.” “La Nuit Du Hack” is one of the oldest French underground hackers’ event which bring together, professionals and amateurs of any skill level, around lectures and challenges. Regardless of their skill, guests come to see and talk about the latest advances in IT Security to assess and/or improve their level.
- TROOPERS: TROOPERS started in 2007 under the direction that they wouldn’t allow the “usual product/vendor presentations and marketing”, instead they just seek more of a pure cybersecurity agenda.
For Those Who Don’t Travel
Not everyone can make it to one of these or even any cyber security events in person. For those on limited travel budgets there are always webcasts. BrightTalk has an IT Security channel with over 21,000 recorded security webcasts and another 360 upcoming.
Wil je nog meer geweldige artikelen zoals deze? Schrijf je dan in op onze blog.
Krijg al het laatste nieuws, tips en artikelen direct in uw inbox afgeleverd
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving
U ontvangt binnenkort een e-mail