Mimecast launches support for Microsoft Exchange 2010, easing migration concerns for administrators
London: Mimecast®, a cloud-based unified email management company, today announced support for Microsoft Exchange 2010, easing migration headaches and controlling costs while unlocking the immediate benefits of Microsoft’s newest 64-bit architecture. Avoiding expensive on-premise management overheads and removing the need for .PST files, Mimecast’s Unified Email Management (UEM) suite of services now fully supports Microsoft Exchange 2010 and provides a single-platform approach to archiving, security, continuity and policy control; integrating seamlessly into customers’ existing – or newly planned – IT infrastructures.
For Microsoft Exchange administrators concerned about possible email downtime and risks to data security during migration to Microsoft Exchange 2010, Mimecast helps in three ways:
- Adopting Mimecast prior to any Exchange 2010 migration offers 100% SLA-backed continuity of email service and archive access throughout, as well as ensuring data security
- With the migration complete, Mimecast offers a unique level of SaaS based integration for mailbox management in Exchange 2010
- Crucially, Mimecast offers the ongoing benefits of archiving, security, continuity and compliance functionality at a fraction of the cost of on-premise solutions
“Microsoft Exchange 2010 is fantastic, but to leverage all the new capabilities you've got to be pretty committed to building out a lot more infrastructure. In reality most of us are thinking about running fewer boxes ourselves nowadays," commented Peter Bauer, co-founder and CEO of Mimecast. “So we think in terms of deploying Exchange 2010 according to a ‘Just Enough On-Site’ philosophy. This works by running your own Exchange system, s sized according to your businesses appetite for additional boxes and storage, and then connected up to the Mimecast cloud for long term storage, search, security services and high availability.”
Benefits of the new Mimecast service for Microsoft Exchange include:
- Greater consistency and continuity for email users: Whether using Outlook during a system outage or connecting to email via the Web using Mimecast Personal Portal™ (MPP™), Mimecast offers users comprehensive replication of Outlook folder structures for even greater consistency of service
- Automated message management controls: Organisations are able to enforce their existing records management policies to email messages in a consistent and automated manner, facilitating adherence to best practice guidelines and meeting regulatory compliance
- Load reduction on Microsoft Exchange: With Mimecast’s comprehensive security and attachment controls, IT managers can actually reclaim bandwidth. Mimecast technology also uses a cloud archive service, allowing items to be removed from mailboxes much sooner, improving overall server performance.
Mimecast delivers cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange, including archiving, continuity and security. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic solution that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimizes risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email. Founded in the United Kingdom in 2003, Mimecast serves approximately 4,000 customers worldwide and has offices in Europe, North America, Africa and the Channel Islands
Mimecast Social Media Resources
We welcome the opportunity to engage with the press and talk about our work and our industry.
Public Relations Manager, North America
+1 (617) 393 7122
UK & Europe
Senior PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0)207 847 8700
Africa, Middle East, India & Asia Pacific
PR & Communications Manager
+27 11 722 3700