Improve archiving speed and security for e-discovery and compliance
Enterprise Information Archiving Automates e-Discovery
We’re all striving to accomplish more in less time. Automated solutions relieve us from important-but-tedious, repetitive or bulk tasks that eat up hours of staff time that could be better spent.
I sat down with the Mimecast archiving specialists to pick their brains about five ways automation accelerates e-discovery:
- Capture, Encryption & Storage. The challenge of a legacy data archive is making sure it contains every email and attachment for every account on every day – and protects it from harm. That Herculean task is made easier with automated capture, encryption, and storage baked into the process.
- Indexing and Journaling. Archiving software automatically analyzes each new piece of data to assign metadata like the email header (date, time, to/from, subject) and keywords. That makes robust search fast and easy. Journaling combines the metadata with path or email routing, the content within an email, and the email attachment to create a record. These automated functions allow relevant data to be quickly identified and retrieved during e-discovery.
- Saved Searches. Case review tools enable admins and legal counsel to run and save searches in an e-discovery case and then run queries across multiple saved searches. They can fine-tune the search to a set of email data directly relevant to the case inquiry, tag it to share with others internally, with outside counsel, or with a third-party e-discovery company.
- Updates & Fixes. Ensuring your enterprise information archiving solution stays up-to-date is critical to compliance and e-discovery. When you rely on humans to manually upgrade or update, the risk is higher that something will be missed or done incorrectly. Cloud archiving solutions automate performance tweaks, global bug fixes and software updates from a central location. This faster process also ensures that security management occurs across all resources, all geographies and all customers at the same time.
- Security & Compliance. Secure cloud-based email archiving solutions provide threat monitoring and automated alerts that send up a flare when certain events occur. This is crucial for organizations managing against the European Union General Data Protection Regulation and other cybersecurity challenges. It’s also crucial for healthcare organizations who must constantly ensure they’re in compliance with data-handling, protection, and privacy regulations. Automated data leak prevention and detection tools make sure that if an email is going through the organization with a patient’s name, a Medicare ID, or other medical record information, it’s stopped from going outbound and alerts the HCO to address it.
Give your e-discovery and compliance teams the time to focus on more complex tasks by utilizing the power of your archiving solution to automate critical tasks that don’t require human intervention.
Want more great articles like this?Subscribe to our blog.
Get all the latest news, tips and articles delivered right to your inbox
You will receive an email shortly
Take me back to the article please