Email Large File Attachments Securely.
Large file email attachments are a problem for users and IT departments alike.
When file size limitations halt users needing to email large file attachments, they’ll look for 3rd party file sharing services. This in turn creates problems for IT departments, which can’t enforce security or content checking policies for messages sent using these consumer services.
Mimecast provides a solution to this all-too-common problem in Large File Send. This cloud-based solution enables users to easily email large file attachments from within their email applications. IT administrators can apply security and data leak prevention (DLP) policies with Large File Send, as well as archive email and attachments for e-discovery and compliance purposes.
Email large file attachments from Outlook and Mimecast for Mac.
As a component of Mimecast’s email management solutions, Large File Send supports both PC and Mac applications, enabling users to email large file attachments securely outside the standard mail flow.
To email large files, users simply upload attachments to the Mimecast cloud from Microsoft Outlook or Mimecast for Mac. Mimecast scans the attachments for viruses and checks them for content and DLP policy compliance before archiving using enterprise email encryption.
Mimecast then sends the recipient a message with instructions for accessing a secure web portal where they can download the file. Senders may choose to set expiration options or to be notified when the recipient is downloading the file.
Users can also invite people outside the organization to email large file attachments to them using the same technology by sending a link to the same secure web portal.
Benefits when you email large file attachments with Mimecast.
When you enable your users to email large file attachments using Mimecast Large File Send, you can:
- Simplify large file sharing with a secure, cloud-based service that integrates with desktop apps and allows users to email large file attachments without interrupting their business workflow.
- Apply security and data leak prevention controls to support compliance with corporate policies.
- Email large file attachments with higher security using encryption, custom expiration dates and configurable password protection.
- Improve performance of the mail management system by removing large file traffic from the mail server environment.
- Archive large files according to data retention policies for e-discovery and compliance.
Learn more about how to email large file attachments Mimecast and about other Mimecast Exchange email archiving solutions.