Episode 8, Season 2 of Phishy Business: Cartoon Eyes, and Other Cybersecurity Awareness Training Techniques
This week we speak to Mike Gruen, CISO and CTO and Dr. Daniel Glaser, a neuroscientist, about how humour can help in learning. We talk about how to build effective cyber security awareness programmes, how to positively harness our innate fear of being judged, and how cyber resilience is everybody’s responsibility.
In ‘Cartoon eyes, and other cybersecurity awareness training techniques’ we discuss:
- Creativity is important in stem subjects
- Cyber sec is everyone’s responsibility
- Eye movements are very telling in terms of learning and can show your level of expertise
- Humour helps learning because it is context dependent so you remember the context of the information was in
- Insider threat – moral decision are not made in a vacuum but in social context and values
- The surprise effect of cartoon eyes on decision-making as most people fear being judged
- Reward change behaviour more effectively that punishment, in parenting and in cybersecurity awareness training
Subscribe to Cyber Resilience Insights for more articles like these
Get all the latest news and cybersecurity industry analysis delivered right to your inbox
Sign up successful
Thank you for signing up to receive updates from our blog
We will be in touch!