Office 365 doesn’t actually provide all the archiving capabilities you need.
No Joke: Office 365™ Isn’t Really an Archiving Solution
Perception: I’m good. I’ve got Office 365.
Reality: Not so fast. Literally. Office 365 is hamstrung by a legacy Exchange architecture, which hinders e-discovery, search speed, and productivity.
There’s a reason 87% of organizations responding to an Osterman Research survey said that Microsoft Office 365™ was an incomplete solution that requires additional products or services.
O365 does perform short-term archiving, but to cover yourself and your organization, you need a long-term archiving strategy supported by a true email archive solution. Anything less puts your organization at risk.
Here’s what you want on your email archiver wish list:
- Cloud archiving: Since we’re archiving almost everything these days, cloud storage gives you the space you need at a price that won’t bust the budget. The right solution enables you to set document disposition policies, too.
- Fast email search: This is critical for responsiveness and productivity. Select a solution with a fast search SLA.
- High-level cybersecurity and chain of custody assurance: Encryption, threat monitoring, and activities logging keep your data safe from deliberate attacks and accidental deletion.
- Mobile-enablement: Remote access ensures staff can work safely from every location any time – even when they can’t get to the office.
- Uptime: Office 365 is notorious for going down and taking your access to archives with it (it went down for the third summer in a row). Choose a cloud-based solution with an uptime SLA.
Now that you see the shortcomings of Office 365 and Exchange email archiving, take steps to bring your organization up to a higher standard. Investigate cloud email archiving solutions and improve performance and security for your organization 24/7/365.