We will request and gather personal information in certain areas of the Site. Such instances of where personal information is requested include:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you submit a general enquiry, partner enquiry, support request, training request or E-shot opt in;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download;
- employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
Using information gathered
We use the personal information you volunteer in a number of ways:
- to assist in responding to your enquiries, including answering your questions on product, pricing and technical information relating to Mimecast's services;
- in determining ways to creating better products and services to address your requirements;
- to audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- to improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- to identify visitors to the Site;
- to carry out research on our users' demographics;
- to send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- to allow, with your consent, our resellers to send you information about our products and services.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
If you refer a third party to the Site, you will need to provide the third party’s details. We may send the third party an email on your behalf and invite the third party such to visit the Site. Mimecast does not store this information.
We do not sell, rent or loan personal information collected to third parties. We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information. We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make blogs, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area, including by staff employed by Mimecast’s affiliate in South Africa. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Safe Harbor affirmation
Mimecast complies with the U.S. – EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Mimecast has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Mimecast’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
As set out in the U.S. – EU and U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, adherence to the Principles may be limited (a) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints specifically related to Mimecast’s participation in the Safe Harbor program, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to:
Attn: Legal Department
480 Pleasant Street
If your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed, contact American Arbitration Association Dispute Resolution Process. The American Arbitration Association will serve as a liaison with the website to resolve your concerns.